Your “St. George’s Caye Experience” is designed by you, for you. You may choose to simply relax – in your hammock, on the beach, by the pool, at the lounge. Doing nothing, as we say on the island, IS an activity! Or you may elect to enjoy the bounty of the Caribbean Sea and our coral reef ecosystem, or explore the rich ecology and cultural heritage on the mainland.
To help you take home the best memories of your time in Belize, we’ve created an activities program so you can avoid the crowds (especially on “cruise ship days” on the mainland) and maximize your enjoyment. Not to mention our professional guides and dive masters are simply the best. (Don’t just take our word for it – check out our TripAdvisor reviews to hear from past guests!)
- We will take you diving or snorkeling any day that weather and sea conditions permit. For Divers; remember to bring your certification cards with you!
- You are welcome to enjoy complimentary water activities any time – kayaks, Hobie Cat sail boats, windsurf boards, snorkeling off the dock, and our saline swimming pool.
- To ensure the best resources and experiences are available, and to help keep your stress to a minimum (and we’re all about low stress at St. George’s Caye!), we recommend you plan your activities with us two days ahead. An easy way to do this is to schedule “the day after tomorrow” during our evening social hour before dinner. Or you can book one of our packages that include activities.
- To maximize your enjoyment and avoid crowds, we generally schedule tours on the following days:
- Cave Tubing and Zip Lining -Mondays and Fridays
- Lamanai Mayan Temple and Ruins -Tuesdays and Saturdays
- “San Pedro Slam” (snorkeling and a visit to Ambergris Caye) –Wednesdays
- Blue Hole National Park/St. Herman’s Cave (on mainland) – Thursdays
- Belize City Cultural Tour – Thursdays
In the coming weeks we’ll be posting more information about each tour to give you an idea of what each is like. And of course, if you want to experience a specific tour on our schedule that is not available during your stay, please check with us to see if accommodation can be made. This is YOUR vacation and we want our guests to have the best possible “St. George’s Caye Experience!” See you soon in Paradise -Cheers